Thanks for the discussions and comments. I would like to state the following :
(1) We waited for almost six months after the MOF OM dated 13.11.09 for some concrete action from the Dept./Association.
(2) We moved to CAT only after the rejection of Dept's second proposal by MOF. Rejection was expected as combined proposal was sent again to MOF. The scope for upgradtion of GP of Inspector Posts arose only when the GP of Inspectors of CBDT / CBEC, Assistants and Stenographers in CSS was upgraded. There was no mention of upgradation of GPs of other promotional cadres in the concerned Depts/Ministries in the relevant orders. So, becoming rigid on upgradation of GP of ASPOs and PS Gr.B officers at that stage did not appear to be a wise action. Even the merger proposal of Inspector Posts and ASPOs are being discussed for so many months with no fruitful result. We are disappointed by the passive attitude by the Association / Dept. towards the Grade Pay hike of Inspector Posts even after getting the clear view of the members in the General body meeting of the Association on 3rd April'2010.
(3) There is no hurdle for the Dept. to take any step regarding Grade pay hike of Inspector Posts, such as merger of IP and ASP etc., as we have only demanded GP of Rs.4600 for Inspector Posts and nothing has been mentioned about merger of any cadres in the OA 381/2010 filed at Ernakulam Bench. More over the first respondent in the OA is Secretary, MOF.
(4) It is for the Dept. to decide as to how the upgraded Grade Pay of Rs.4600 has to be given to Inspector Posts. As far as the equal grade pay to Inspectors and ASPOs are concerned, it is to mention that in CSS, Section officers and Assistants were at the same pay scale of Rs.6500-10500 for almost two years(Sept'06 to Aug'08), till the finalisation of the issue. Why not in our Dept., the equal Grade pay issue may be sorted out after giving GP of Rs.4600 to Inspector Posts ? It seems that either the Association or the Dept. is not willing to sort out the issue for their own reasons which may be suitable for their cause.
(5) We, Inspector Posts, after the Grade Pay hike of Inspectors and analogous posts in CBDT/CBEC and Assistants in CSS, are feeling degraded. We are demanding higher grade pay as already given to our counterparts in CBDT / CBEC and Assistants in CSS, is not just for higher salary but for the equality with them. It is indeed humiliating for us that we have been treated as second class even though recruited through same examination with no less merit (Min. cut off marks for Inspector Posts is more than that of Inspector Central Excise(SSC’2006) and that of Preventive Officer (SSC’2008) etc.). We have the every right to be treated with equality.
(6) We are fighting for the equality with our counterparts in other Departments since long. Fifth CPC had approved the equality, which was disturbed by the MOF in April’2004. No action was taken by the Association or the Dept. at that time to enhance the Pay scale of Inspector Posts accordingly. We should appreciate the move taken by Sri Jayantha of Karnatka Circle, who filed a CAT case in 2006 at Bengalore bench (424/06). At that time also the Association was a mute spectator. However, it was our fate that, the case was disposed without any decision as the 6th CPC was constituted. Our so called Association (AIA of IP and ASP), even could not represent before the 6th CPC, it was the IRM/ASRM Association, which represented before the 6th CPC and demanded for equality. Now, again 6th CPC approved the equality of Inspector Posts with their counterparts in CBDT / CBEC and Assistants in CSS and again the equality has been disturbed by the MOF vide its OM dated 13.11.09 and 16.11.09. After experiencing the passive attitude of the Association /Dept. for so long, can we wait till next pay commission ? Obviously NOT . Then, what is the option available with us other than the legal one ?
(7) At last I would like to say that no action is perfect. It is the result and time, which analyse the action. We did as we thought correct at that time. We have no regret for the action we have already taken.
Hoping for all your cooperation in future also.